Prepare your family for California’s wildfires
Effective wildfire readiness strategies to help protect your loved ones.
Pre-wildfire evacuation planning
Your family’s safety is paramount during emergencies. Actively practicing your fire escape plan not only prepares you for wildfires but also instills a sense of calm and readiness. This proactive approach is key in protecting the well-being of your loved ones.
How to communicate with young children
It’s important to speak to young children about fire safety and wildfire preparedness in a way that’s clear yet comforting. Discover resources designed to make this crucial conversation more effective:
- A Parent’s Guide to Fire Safety for Babies and Toddlers: This U.S. Fire Administration guides parents and caregivers in preventing fire incidents among young children.
- Let’s Get Ready! Planning Together for Emergencies: Sesame Workshop’s campaign offers family-friendly tips and activities for emergency readiness.
- Ready.gov Kids: A FEMA site that equips older kids with the knowledge to plan for disasters through games and interactive learning.
- Smokey for Kids: Engage with Smokey Bear on the U.S. Forest Service’s site, which combines fun with learning about preventing forest fires.
Wildfire preparedness plans for diverse needs
Crafting wildfire preparedness plans for seniors and individuals with disabilities involves understanding their unique needs. Explore these comprehensive resources for inclusive emergency planning:
- Special Populations Fire-Safe Checklist: A U.S. Fire Administration guide tailored for individuals with special needs to protect themselves and their homes from fires.
- Disaster Preparedness for Seniors by Seniors: The American Red Cross offers valuable insights for older adults to prepare effectively for emergencies.
- Emergency & Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities: This American Red Cross booklet provides detailed strategies for individuals with disabilities to craft their own disaster plans.
- Personal Preparedness Guide: A resource for those with disabilities or special needs, covering everything from emergency supplies to pet and service animal care during disasters.
Download your free family communication plan
Stay connected during wildfires with a simple family communication plan. Download our easy-to-follow guide to keep your family informed and together in emergencies.